Glovo (South Europe’s largest unicorn) in partnership with Esade Business School is organizing a competition for Early-Stage Tech-Based Startups based in Kenya that deliver value to SMEs. To participate in the competition, the startup must not have raised up to USD20,000 in funding.
The aim of the competition is to help accelerate the progress/success of viable SME focused start-up businesses thereby improving the operating and business environment, efficiency levels and chances of success of SMEs.
The process develops over 2 phases: a first document submission and, for the selected projects, a live pitch in front of a panel of expert judges
First Phase: Document Submission
Due Date: March 31st
- 1 Page Executive Summary of the business, highlighting
- What problem is being solved
- Why the is problem relevant
- Who the target customers are
- How the problem is being solved
- Why you are better than/different from existing solutions/competitors
- Key team members and their value addition to the business
- What you need to move forward
- 3 years financial projection
- Extended pitch deck with main body slides + Backup: (no more than 12 slides/pages)
- Business Model
- Go to Market
- Unit Economics
- Financial Needs
- BACKUP (anything else you want to share)
Second Phase: Live pitch
The top 8 selected projects from the first phase will be admitted to do a live pitch with a jury of experts to compete for the final prizes.
👉 The pitch will be held on 28th April in Nairobi, Kenya.
The top 3 projects will win:
- Business acceleration - An all expense paid trip to Glovo’s (South Eastern’s biggest Unicorn) Headquarters in Barcelona, where they will meet the founders and top Glovo executives and have the opportunity to receive feedback and tips on their business as well as discuss any challenges.